The purpose of CHORD is to offer a business networking opportunity to Chamber member businesses through the reciprocal exchange of sales referrals or leads.
Purposes & Prerequisites
- Participants must be active members of the South Dade Chamber of Commerce. If a member
drops out of the Chamber, CHORD membership is automatically terminated, and participation discontinued.
- To join CHORD, the member must first complete and submit an application. CHORD membership is Free to Chamber members.
- A member missing 3 consecutive unexcused meetings, or four meetings in a quarter, may be required by the group
president to give up membership in CHORD. If a member is unable to attend a meeting, it is their responsibility to
inform the club president or another club member ahead of time in order to avoid an unexcused absence.
- CHORD meetings are to take place at Chamber member business locations only
The results that can be expected
- Chamber membership growth
- Value to members
- Opportunities to promote goods and services, increase visibility
- Meet and Develop Strategic Business Partners
- Grow business, increase profit
- Build relationships, create lifetime connections
- Learn how to pass and receive leads
- Have access to entire Chamber membership and Chamber marketing
The South Dade Chamber of Commerce CHORD group offers an opportunity that is:
- Without pressure
- Full of business connections
- Relationships in the making
- Focused on business development
- At a central location
The planned growth
- Initially one group
- Incrementally and methodically form additional groups lead by responsible chair persons
- Over all Chamber growth
- Bottom Line
- Members are simply asked to give up a couple of hours each month, attending scheduled club meetings and supporting chamber ribbon cuttings, networking at chamber events, etc
- At each Club meeting members are committed to one or more of the following:
- Announce or bring two or more leads for other members
- Bring a guest who is interested in joining the group
- Discuss networking opportunities for members
- Conduct a presentation, educate other members about your business
- Give a testimonial of a received lead, motivate others
- At all Chamber events we attend, we support each other, promote our own brands, create marketing and networking opportunities, build rock solid business relationships, participate in volunteer opportunities, have fun, make money.